White Christmas Cranberry Sangria for your Holidays
Sangria is just plain fun! Even in the fall and winter, sangria can be a festive part of any celebration.
This White Christmas Cranberry Sangria rates right up there as one of my favorite holiday beverages. Considering that I’m not a huge Chardonnay fan, that says a lot about the recipe.
With the red and green apples along with the frozen cranberries, this beverage is so deliciously festive and perfect for any holiday party.
How to make Sangria
This sangria recipe is so simple to put together. The only work involved is dicing up the apples.
- Combine sugar, rum, apples, wine, juice and club soda.
- Pop the mixture in the fridge for several hours.
- Wait to add the cranberries until right before serving.
Add the frozen cranberries until 30 minutes or so before serving. If you add them too soon, this delicious beverage turns a nice shade of pink, speaking from personal experience. That’s not necessarily a bad thing as the taste remains the same, but the sangria no longer lives up to the title of WHITE Christmas Cranberry Sangria.
If you want to add a few orange slices that works, too, because cranberry and orange are a perfect pair during the holiday season.
Other Delicious Beverages
White Christmas Cranberry Sangria
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup white rum
- 1 cup diced red apple
- 1 cup diced green apple
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 bottle Chardonnay I used a $6-8 bottle
- 1 cup white cranberry juice chilled
- 2 cups club soda chilled
- In a large pitcher, COMBINE sugar and rum. STIR until sugar is dissolved. ADD the apples, wine, and white cranberry juice. REFRIGERATE for several hours or overnight. About 1 hour before serving, ADD the cranberries (otherwise the sangria turns pink).
- When ready to serve, ADD club soda and STIR. SERVE adding ice and a scoop of fruit to each glass.