Who doesn’t love quick and easy?
Sheet Pan Roasted Broccoli with Shrimp is not only easy to make, but it’s also delicious. Clean up is simple, too.
I first made this recipe when I had some fresh peeled and devined shrimp I bought at Aldi that needed to be used up. The only veg I had in my fridge was some cut up broccoli so that’s what I used.
If you don’t have fresh shrimp, use frozen shrimp that’s been defrosted, peeled and deveined. It tastes just as good in my opinion. I usually spend a little extra for the peeled and devined shrimp–call me lazy.
I use large or “jumbo” size shrimp for this recipe. If you’re using frozen shrimp, look for about 26/30 (per pound) on the label. Anything larger is too big and chewy, and anything smaller is…too small (and overcooks FAST).
I roast the seasoned broccoli for about 10 minutes before adding the shrimp to the mixture so the shrimp would not turn pink, rubbery and overdone. Be sure to keep on eye on the shrimp while roasting to avoid overdone shrimp.
I first served this dish with a side of couscous that was cooked in broth that I flavored with about 1/2 teaspoon of my favorite chicken base, Essenhaus Chicken Base. Rice, brown or white, also goes great with Sheet Pan Roasted Broccoli and Shrimp.
How to Make Sheet Pan Roasted Broccoli and Shrimp
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Place the broccoli in a large bowl.
- Add in 2 Tablespoons olive oil, coriander (see notes), cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt,
- I also add red pepper flakes for an extra touch of spicy heat, but you can skip it.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the shrimp with the remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, lemon zest, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Place the broccoli onto the baking sheet pan in a single layer.
- Roast the broccoli for about 10-12 minutes, depending on size of florets
- Add the shrimp to the baking pan and toss with the broccoli.
- Continue to roast, mixing it halfway through, until shrimp are just opaque and broccoli is tender, about 5-7 minutes. (Check the shrimp after 5 minutes so they don’t overcook.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Squeeze juice from 1/2 a lemon all over shrimp and broccoli before serving. Stir.
- Serve with flavored couscous or rice.
- Notes: If you don’t have ground coriander, substitute an additional 1/2-1 teaspoon ground cumin.
Other Favorite Shrimp Recipes
Sheet Pan Roasted Broccoli with Shrimp
- 2 pounds broccoli cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- Zest from 1 large lemon (or half lemon for less lemony)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, MIX broccoli with 2 Tablespoons olive oil, coriander, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes (if using),
- In a separate bowl, COMBINE the shrimp with remaining 2 Tablespoons oil, lemon zest, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- PLACE broccoli onto a rimmed baking pan in a single layer. ROAST broccoli for about 10-12 minutes, depending on size of florets
- ADD shrimp to baking pan. TOSS with broccoli.
- Continue to ROAST, mixing it halfway through, until shrimp are just opaque and broccoli is tender, about 5-7 minutes. (Check shrimp after 5 minutes—don’t overcook)
- REMOVE from oven. SQUEEZE lemon juice all over shrimp and broccoli before serving.
- SERVE with flavored couscous or rice.