The Perfect Sheet Pan Dinner
This recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower is a sheet pan dinner favorite at my house.
I love a great blog
I found several great recipes for sheet pan dinners on Living Lou’s blog when I was looking for a totally different type of recipe (a vegetarian curry) . She has a great collection of recipes, all fresh and creative, with this being a favorite. Thank you, @livinglou.
My version is slightly different from Lou’s in that I add garlic to the olive oil mixture. What can I say other than we love garlic at my house. My version also has extra salt (I usually use seasoning salt) because we happen to like that, too.
What I like most about Sheet Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower
It checks off all the important boxes for a great recipe.
Easy to find ingredients? Yes. Quick and easy prep? Yes. Super nutritious? Yes. Delicious? YES. Easy clean up? An even bigger YES!!
Just pile all the meat and/or veg onto the pan, spread it out, drizzle with olive oil “dressing”, mix it all together and you’re good to go. Pop it into the oven to roast for 30 minutes or so, and dinner is served.
But the number one reason and the secret to its deliciousness, for me, is the olive oil “dressing.” Oh my it’s good.
I thinks there’s something about the fresh lemon juice, garlic and thyme that makes it extra special. One of these days I’m going to whip it up to use as a salad dressing. I’ll report back when I do.
This is a super flexible recipe.
I often make this dish without the chicken as a meatless meal.
I play with the vegetable combination, too. Often I’ll add (or substitute) some sliced carrots (like Lou does), asparagus, broccoli and sliced zucchini, with great success.
Just be sure your vegetables of choice are all cut about the same size so they roast evenly.
How to make Sheet Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken and vegetables on a foil- or parchment paper-lined sheet pan.
- In a bowl, whisk olive oil with lemon juice, mustard, honey, thyme and garlic.
- Drizzle the olive oil mixture over the vegetables and chicken.
- Using your very clean hands, rub the chicken and vegetables with the olive oil until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread everything out evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle vegetables and chicken with salt.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, stirring the at the 15-minute mark.
- I start checking for doneness after about 30 minutes of roasting.
Other Favorite Sheet Pan Dinners
Sheet Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower
- 6 skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups sliced zucchini or carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (from half a lemon)
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced minced
- 3/4-1 teaspoon salt (I use seasoning salt)
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees.
- On a sheet pan, PLACE chicken and vegetables.
- In a bowl, WHISK olive oil with lemon juice, mustard, honey, thyme and garlic.
- DRIZZLE olive oil mixture over the vegetables and chicken.
- Use your hands to be sure all chicken and vegetables are evenly covered.
- SPRINKLE chicken and vegetables with salt.
- PLACE in the preheated oven and ROAST for 30-40 minutes. STIR vegetables after 15 minutes in the oven.
- Check after 30 minutes of roasting or doneness.