A Sheet-Pan Dinner Favorite
This recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas is so simple to put together and delcious to eat.
Start with slicing chicken and vegetables. Mix in olive oil seasoned with “Tex-Mex” seasonings. Pop the pan into the oven and dinner is ready in no time. Cleanup is easy too!
The chicken and vegetables come out of the oven beautifully seasoned and ready for all of my favorite toppings. But I’ve been known to add a couple more shakes of salt because I often skip salty Cheddar cheese. So taste the chicken before loading up your tortilla to get it to seasoned to your liking.
Top the fajitas with your favorite fixins’–Guacamole, Fresh Salsa and sharp cheddar cheese. I especially like using Creamy Garlicky Dipping Sauce on fajitas. I like it better than sour cream because it adds a light tangy lime flavor. I love it with any Tex-Mex dish–tacos, enchiladas. It also tastes great as a dip with fresh sliced vegetables or chips.
What’s in Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- thinly sliced chicken breasts
- sliced red pepper
- sliced yellow or orange pepper
- sliced onions
- olive oil
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- cayenne (or chili flakes)
- ground pepper
- flour tortillas
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the chicken and vegetables and place them on a parchment-lined (or foil-lined ) rimmed half sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Toss the seasoned oil mixture with the chicken and vegetables until evenly coated.
- Spread the chicken and vegetables out evenly on the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink) and vegetables are soft and tender.
- Serve with flour tortillas, shredded cheese, salsa, guacamole, and/or sour cream.
Other Favorite Recipes
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 pound chicken breasts sliced thin
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 2 medium onions peeled, halved and cut into slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- flour tortillas
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees.
- PLACE chicken and sliced vegetables on a parchment- (or foil) lined rimmed half sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, COMBINE olive oil, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- TOSS to coat chicken and vegetables evenly with the oil mixture.
- SPREAD out evenly on the pan.
- BAKE for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- SERVE with flour tortillas, shredded cheese, salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream.