Roasted Vegetables with Sausage
The holidays are over and gone are all those tempting sweet and savory treats that seem to be everywhere. At least most of them, anyway. This recipe for Roasted Vegetables with Sausage is an easy way to get back into a healthy eating routine. And since I’m planning more meatless meals this year, skipping the sausage in this recipe works. It’s still delicious.
Prepping this dish does require chopping (one of my favorite stress busters), but other than that, there’s not much to it. Even cleanup is easy.
How to make Roasted Vegetables with Sausage
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop veggies into same bite-size pieces.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Toss to evenly coat the vegetables and sausage.
- Spread evenly on the baking sheet.
- Place pan on the middle rack of your oven.
- Roast for 10 minutes, toss, and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little shredded fresh Parm.
- Dinner is served!
A few things to remember
- Don’t cover the vegetable when roasting.
- Remember to stir after the first 10 minutes so the mixture roasts evenly.
- Depending on the size of your diced vegetables, you may need to roast a little longer until the veggies are tender.
Do I have to use Chicken Sausage?
No, but I really like Aidell’s Chicken Sausage. It’s free of antibiotics and artificial ingredients But you can use whatever you’d like.
Can you reheat roasted vegetables?
One thing I love about this recipe is that makes a LOT! So you’ll have plenty of leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch or dinner.
Unfortunately, microwaving these veggies makes them mushy. I don’t mind that, but lots of folks do.
To keep the veggies “crisp,” spread the leftovers back onto a sheet pan and roast in a 400-degree oven for about 6-8 minutes until heated through.
I love to use my toaster oven for this. It heats up super quick. Because there’s only room in my toaster oven for a small pan, portion size is easily kept under control.
A few other Sheet Pan Favorites
Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables with Sausage
- 1 bunch broccoli cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sweet potato cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup of whole mushrooms cut into thick slices
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 pound chicken sausage cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- fresh shredded Parmesan cheese to taste
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees.
- LINE a large sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- PLACE the chopped vegetables and sliced sausage on the sheet pan.
- DRIZZLE with olive oil and GENTLY TOSS to evenly cover all vegetables and sausage.
- SPRINKLE on the seasonings and TOSS again.
- SPREAD the mixture evenly on the pan.
- BAKE for 10 minutes. STIR and RETURN to oven.
- BAKE for another 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- SPRINKLE with a little fresh Parmesan cheese for extra flavor, and SERVE.