This Radish Spinach Salad with Balsamic Lime dressing is part of my “Year-to-Eat-Seasonally” pledge.
I’m planning for my meals to be more nutritious, more environmentally friendly, and less expensive this year. By eating fruits and vegetables at are in season, I can achieve these goals without too much effort.
Since it’s Spring, my usual lunch salads are included several spring favorites–asparagus, spinach, and radishes. This easy-to-prepare Radish Spinach Salad delivers a burst of flavor with each bite. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
What’s In Radish Spinach Salad with Balsamic Lime Dressing
- fresh asparagus
- green onion
- baby spinach
- arugula (optional)
- sliced raw almonds
- fresh basil
- crumbled feta or goat cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make the Salad
- In a large bowl, combine the radishes, asparagus, green onion, spinach, arugula, almonds, fresh basil and cheese.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by combining the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix it well.
- Add the dressing to the salad mixture. Stir to evenly coat. Serve.
- Notes: I like to blanch the asparagus for about 2 minutes in a pot of boiling water and then immediately plunge into a bowl of ice water. Once cool, drain, pat dry, chop and add to the salad.
Other Favorite Spring Recipes
Radish Spinach Salad with Balsamic-Lime Dressing
- 4-6 radishes diced
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 green onion green and white parts, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup arugula optional
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, COMBINE the radishes, asparagus, green onion, spinach, arugula, almonds, fresh basil and cheese.
- In a small bowl, COMBINE olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- ADD dressing to the salad mixture. STIR to evenly coat. SERVE.