I first made this recipe for pita chips to add to my Salad Extraordinaire, They quickly soak up the delcious salad dressing, making each bite of salad so much more flavor filled.
And because you can control the amount of olive oil and salt that go on these pita chips, they can be a healthier snack option compared to those you buy in the store.
They’re also the perfect way to give a new life to the leftover pita bread hanging around your pantry shelf.
And since they’re so easy to make, I suggest you give this recipe a try.
What you need
- pita bread with pockets (3)
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
How to make pita chips
- Preheat heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush both sides of the wedges with olive oil.
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges. I use a pizza cutter to make this easier.
- Separate each wedge into two halves.
- Place the pita chip wedges on baking sheet.
- Generously sprinkle the pita wedges with salt and pepper
- Bake for 10 minutes, turning at the halfway point.
- Start watching the chips at the 8-minute mark. If some are starting to brown and become crisp, remove from the pan. (Thinner halves will brown/crisp quicker than thicker halves)
- Let cool completely before adding to a salad.
- Keep the extra cooled pita chips in a Ziploc back or sealable container.
Other popular recipes
- 3 pitas cut into 8 wedges
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- PREHEAT heat oven to 425 degrees.
- BRUSH both sides of the pita bread with olive oil.
- CUT pitas into 8 wedges.
- SEPARATE each wedge into halves.
- PLACE pita chip wedges on baking sheet.
- Generously SPRINKLE wedges with salt and pepper.
- BAKE for 5-10 minutes, turning at the halfway point.
- CHECK for browned and crisp edges at the 7-minute point.
- REMOVE from the oven when brown and crisp.
- COOL completely before using in a salad or storing.