Sweet, salty, and fresh—If you love the combination of sweet and salty as much as I do, you’re going to love these Peach Crostini with Herbed Ricotta and Prosciutto,
The sweet peaches, salty prosciutto and creamy herbed ricotta combine to make the perfect appetizer for a summer party. I’ve even eaten these as breakfast and lunch a time or two this summer. Easy to make and so fresh and delicious.
What’s in Peach Crostini with Herbed Ricotta and Prosciutto
- thinly sliced baguette
- ricotta cheese
- pesto (or fresh herbs of choice)
- prosciutto (or very thinly sliced ham)
- thinly sliced red onion
- thinly sliced peaches
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- microgreens or chopped fresh herbs of choice.
How to make Peach Crostini with Herbed Ricotta and Prosciutto
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese and pesto.
- In another bowl, combine the sliced onion and peaches with the balsamic and olive oil.
- Toast thin slices of a baguette on a sheet pan in a 375-degree oven for about 6 or 8 minutes.
- Top the crostini with a spoonful of herbed ricotta cheese.
- Next lay a slice of prosciutto on the cheese.
- Top with a couple of the balsamic-flavored peach slices and red onion.
- Sprinkle a few microgreens or fresh herbs of choice (chives work nicely) and they’re ready to eat. So simple.
A few helpful hints
- I freeze my fresh pesto during the growing season in ice cube trays. Once frozen, I transfer to a freezer bag to use in pasta sauces, soups and to flavor soft cheeses like ricotta or goat cheese.
- I use a hand held mandoline slicer to slice the red onions. Be super careful to protect your fingers if you’re using a mandoline. Personal experience talking here.
- I use a more expensive brand of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic for appetizers and salads that are not cooked. The salad and, in this case, crostini is much more flavorful than my usual olive oil and balsamic vinegar I use for cooking.
- For really premium and delicious olive oil and balsamic, check out @Grovestone in Champaign, Illinois.
Other favorite appetizers
Peach Crostini with Herbed Ricotta & Prosciutto
- 1 baguette thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 Tablespoons pesto or fresh herbs of choice
- 12 slices prosciutto or very thinly sliced ham
- 1/4 red onion very thinly sliced
- 2 ripe peaches pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup microgreens or chopped fresh herbs for garnish
- TOAST or GRILL baguette slices.
- In a medium bowl, MIX the ricotta and pesto until well combined.
- PLACE the peaches and sliced onions into a small bowl.
- ADD olive oil and vinegar. MIX to combine.
- SPREAD about 1 Tablespoon of herbed ricotta onto each crostini.
- TOP with a slice of prosciutto.
- ADD a spoonful of sliced peaches and onion.
- TOP with microgreens or fresh herbs.
- SERVE immediately.