I’m so ready for SPRING!
The cold and gray days of winter and the nights that start early–it seems never ending. It’s definitely time to find a fun recipe to brighten up a drab day. And this recipe for Hawaiian Dip came to mind.
A Sweet and Savory Treat
This Hawaiian Dip is the perfect combination of savory (ham and bacon) and sweet (pineapple and coconut). It kind of reminds me of a California Pizza Kitchen Hawaiian Pizza I had a few years ago. The one they make with ham, pineapple and mozzarella. Yum!
But when I can’t get the pizza, this Hawaiian Dip is nearly as good.
Kids Cook Hawaiian
Hawaiian Dip is definitely going on the menu for my Kids Cook Hawaiian Luau Class this weekend. It will be perfect with Crunchy Hawaiian Chicken Tacos and a fresh fruit platter. I can’t wait to share it with them. The kids are going to LOVE it!
How to make Easy Hawaiian Dip
Using a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and pineapple juice.
Using a blender, blend the mixture until it is well mixed.
Spread the mixture onto a pie plate.
Sprinkle the top of the cream cheese mixture with cheese, pineapple, ham, bacon, coconut (if using) and green onion.
Chill for about 30 minutes before serving.
Serve with veggies or crackers of choice.
Other Favorite Appetizers
- 1 8- oz package cream cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 cup pineapple juice (from canned crushed pineapple)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or cheese of choice
- 1 8- oz can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 8 ounces ham, chopped fine (about 1 cup)
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green onion, green and white parts
- In a large bowl, COMBINE the cream cheese, sour cream, and pineapple juice. BLEND until well mixed.
- SPREAD mixture onto a pie plate.
- Evenly SPRINKLE the cream cheese mixture with cheese, pineapple, ham, bacon, coconut and green onion.
- CHILL for 30 minutes before serving.