Temperatures are cooling down and Glazed Baked Salmon, which I usually make outdoors on the grill, will have to wait a few months before appearing on my outdoor dining menu. Fortunately, the recipe also works great when the salmon is baked in the oven.
The marinade gives so much flavor to the salmon. And a short time under the broiler gives it a very nice glaze. I pair this salmon with steamed brown or white rice with a side of steamed or roasted broccoli or asparagus. Add your favorite green salad and you’ll have the perfect dinner.
I use this marinade so frequently that I will double or even triple the recipe for later use. I divide the larger batch evenly into freezer bags. The marinade quickly defrosts on the counter and can be used for dinner that night.
What’s in Glazed Baked Salmon
- olive oil
- brown sugar
- soy sauce or tamari
- Dijon mustard
- garlic cloves
- fresh lemon juice
- red pepper flakes
- chopped parsley (optional)
How to Make It
- Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with aluminum foil (for easier cleanup).
- Place the salmon on top of the foil.
- Make the marinade: In a small bowl, combine olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and red pepper flakes. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the marinade mixture over the salmon.
- Place salmon in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate the salmon.
- Turn the salmon over in the marinade after 1/2 hour so that all sides are coated with marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the salmon from the fridge as the oven preheats (mine takes about 15 minutes).
- Bake the salmon for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and baste with pan juices.
- Return pan to the oven and bake another 10 minutes or until salmon is cooked. I check after 5 minutes as cooking time varies depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- Place the salmon under the broiler for about 3 minutes until salmon begins to brown and caramelize.
- Garnish with chopped parsley before serving, if you’re using parsley.
Other Favorite Recipes
Sheet Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower
One Pan Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Dates
Glazed Baked Salmon
- 2 pounds salmon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- 2 Tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- juice of one small lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- chopped parsley optional
- LINE a 9 x 13 pan with aluminum foil (for easier cleanup)
- PLACE salmon on top of the foil.
- Make the marinade: In a small bowl, MIX olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- POUR mixture over the salmon.
- PLACE in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate the salmon. TURN salmon over in the marinade after 1/2 hour so all sides are coated with marinade.
- BAKE the salmon for about 10 minutes, remove from the oven and baste with pan juices.
- RETURN pan to the oven and BAKE another 10 minutes until salmon is cooked through.
- PLACE the salmon under the broiler for 3 minutes until salmon begins to brown and caramelize.
- GARNISH with chopped parsley before serving, if using.
Leave a Reply