Cool and Refreshing Creamy Garlicky Dipping Sauce
I love quick dips and dressing for fresh vegetables and salads. This recipe for Creamy Garlicky Dipping Sauce is simple to make and has many uses in my kitchen and not just on vegetables.
It’s also perfect as a fresh-tasting dip to cool down the spiciness of Sambal Chicken Skewers and adds an extra tanginess to a platter of grilled vegetables. I’ve used this dipping sauce on grilled fish instead of tartar sauce.
I’ve been known to dilute the sauce with a tablespoon or two of water to make a dressing for a fresh green salad. I love the flavor of lime added to this creamy mixture in a salad.
What’s in it
- minced garlic clove
- plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- lime zest
- fresh lime juice (about 1 limes’ worth)
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
How to make Creamy Garlicky Dipping Sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix to combine.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. (I usually end up adding a little extra salt)
- Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- The dip can be made up to 2 days in advance.
Other Favorite Recipes
Creamy Garlicky Dipping Sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon lime zest
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or slightly more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- PLACE all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- MIX to combine. ADJUST seasoning to taste.