It’s the holiday season once again, and this recipe for Cranberry Vinaigrette is so festive you’ll definitely want to add it to your holiday menu.
For me, the holidays mean pulling out recipes for family favorite dishes. But I always like to try out some new ideas I’ve come across on Pinterest or magazines. Unfortunately, it also means getting WAY WAY off my diet. (Too many sweets!)
I love trying new recipes for flavorful vinaigrettes. And in the fall and winter, when I don’t eat as many salads, it’s a good way to get me to eat my greens year round.
Over the past few years I’ve been trying to add a favorite vinaigrette to healthy salad for my holiday menus.
Salad makes me feel a little less guilty and a whole lot healthier during the weeks of not-so-healthy eating. And this recipe for Cranberry Vinaigrette is perfect for any green salad.
This recipe can be made in no time using a blender or food processor. I like using my hand-held immersion (stick) blender. So simple.
What you’ll need for Cranberry Vinaigrette
- red wine vinegar
- extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh or dried cranberries (Craisins)
- Dijon mustard
- sugar (honey or maple syrup can also be used)
- ground black pepper
- water (sometimes the dressing gets too thick)
How to make it
- Using a blender or food processor, BLEND cranberries, Dijon mustard, garlic, sugar (honey/maple syrup), salt and water.
- BLEND for about 1 minute until it’s completely combined.
- If you’re using fresh cranberries, the dressing can be a little tart and may need a little extra sugar (honey/maple syrup). Add just a little at time and taste as you go.
Other Favorite Vinaigrettes
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh or dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons sugar (honey or maple syrup can also be used)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons water (more if dressing is too thick)
- In a blender or food processor, COMBINE the vinegar, oil, cranberries, mustard, garlic, sugar (or honey/syrup), salt, pepper, and water.
- BLEND until mixture is smooth.