My New Favorite Caesar Salad Dressing
This Caesar Salad Dressing is so fresh and delcious. It’s tastes so much better than anything I can find in a store-bought bottle. And since it keeps well in the fridge for a few days, it’s worth the little bit of time it takes to make.
The Best Salad Cookbook
I’ve been bragging about Mandy’s Gourmet Salad Cookbook for some time now. Every recipe in this book that I’ve tried, and I’ve tried plenty, is incredibly good. So it’s no surprise that’s where I found the my new favorite Caesar Salad Dressing recipe.
It’s hard to improve on a good thing, but my version of their Caesar Salad Dressing has a little more garlic than the original @Mandy’s recipe. That’s only because I love extra garlic. If you’re not as big a garlic person as me, use a little less
You can use a standard blender to make this dressing, but it’s easier to make (and to clean up afterwards) if you use a handheld immersion blender, This “stick” blender has become a small appliance I cant live without. It makes the best tasting homemade dressings and sauces, and it’s easy to store and clean. I don’t leave home without it (or at least it feels like it anyway.)
I use this dressing with romaine lettuce, freshly shredded/sliced parm and croutons to make a classic Caesar’s, but I love it with any greens salad.
And for those who love salads and cookbooks, I’m super excited for Mandy’s next cookbook to be released later this year. I’m counting the days!
What’s In the Caesar Salad Dressing
- red wine vinegar
- fresh lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- garlic cloves
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make the Dressing
- In a blender, combine the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, mayo, Dijon mustard, Parm, and garlic.
- Blend until smooth, about 15 to 20 seconds, stopping the blender at times to scrape down the sides.
- With the blender on low speed, slowly add in the olive oil until the dressing begins to thicken, about 30 seconds.
- Add the salt and pepper, adjusting to taste.
- Another option is to use a immersion (stick) blender.
- If using an handheld immersion blender, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend until dressing thickens.
- Place the dressing in lidded container and refrigerate. This dressing will keep in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Other Favorite Dressings
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 6 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup packed freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 7/8 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender, COMBINE vinegar, lemon juice, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, and garlic.
- BLEND until smooth, 15 to 20 seconds, stopping the blender at times to scrape down the sides.
- With the blender on low speed, slowly ADD the olive oil until the dressing begins to thicken, about 30 seconds. Add the salt and pepper, adjusting to taste.
- PLACE the dressing in lidded container and refrigerate. This will keep in the fridge for up to 7 days.