Move over charcuterie boards–Butter Boards are taking over as popular appetizer for entertaining. Simple to put together, with seemingly endless topping options, your creativity can run wild.
How to Make a Butter Board
- Start with room temperature butter. I use an Irish butter.
- Use 1 or 2 sticks of butter, depending on how many people you’re serving.
- Soften the butter by letting it sit for about 20-30 minutes on the counter. Breaking the butter into cubes will make the butter soften quicker. Don’t microwave or melt the butter. Heating and cooling changes the texture of the butter.
- Scoop the butter onto the board or platter a little bit at a time. The butter is easier to spread this way.
- Spread the butter evenly onto the board. I spread it like I would ice a cake, leaving little “crevices” in the butter for the toppings to land in.
- Sprinkle toppings evenly on top of the butter. Don’t overdo with the toppings. You still want to see the butter underneath.
- Serve with baguette slices, pita chips, pretzels or crackers.
- roasted garlic
- dried fruit
- coconut flakes