A New Favorite Dip
I’ve fallen in love with this recipe for Avocado Dip. It’s kind of like your best-tasting guacamole but dressed up a little. It has all of my favorites–avocados with crumbled goat cheese, jalapenos and garlic–what’s not to love?
I first discovered a similar recipe on Living Lou’s Blog. (@livinglou has lots of great recipes, by the way). Lou’s recipe uses feta cheese, which I’m sure is equally delicious, and a little less seasoning. Since I only had goat cheese in my fridge, that’s what I used. And since cumin is my favorite spice, it got added to this recipe as well. If you prefer a less Latin flare, leave out the cumin.
So what makes this Avocado Dip so delcious?
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Sweet Vidalia onion
- Lots of garlic (2-3 cloves)
- Jalapeno (seeds removed or not depending on your heat tolerance)
- FRESH lemon juice
- Salt (I use just a little seasoning salt)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
How to Make Avocado Dip
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until well combined and smooth.
- Adjust flavors according to taste.
- Serve with chip or fresh vegetables.
- If you don’t have a food processor, just chop all the vegetables and use a potato masher to combine.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion rough chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno seeded, rough chopped
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt I use seasoning salt
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- PLACE all ingredients in the bowl of the food processor. PULSE to combine.
- SCRAPE down sides and PULSE until consistency is smooth.
- ADJUST flavor by adding an extra squeeze of lemon and a bit more salt.