This is a great make-ahead salad. Delicious and so healthy. There’s a little work involved with peeling, chopping and slicing the veggies, but it’s worth it.
Any leftover chicken or a little zucchini, broccoli, or cauliflower in the fridge? Chop it up and add it to this easily adaptable recipe and make it a meal.
Your favorite Italian or Greek salad dressing works well, but this homemade fresh lemon based version with extra virgin olive oil is easy to make. This delicious dressing also works great for any tossed salad or even as an overnight marinade for chicken.
Garbanzo Bean Salad
- 2 15 ounce cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cucumbers halved lengthwise, seeded and diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ medium red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 2.5 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 3-4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup Greek or Italian-style salad dressing for homemade version, see below
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- GREEK SALAD DRESSING
- 1 large lemon juiced (5 Tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar more to taste
- 2 medium-size cloves garlic finely minced (or ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
COMBINE all ingredients and TOSS together.
REFRIGERATE two hours or more before serving. Serve chilled.
Greek Salad Dressing
COMBINE all ingredients and SERVE.
REFRIGERATE remaining dressing for later use on a salad or as a marinade.